Apocal D ®
Calcium + Vitamin D3
Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
Calcium & Vitamin D3
APOCAL-D (Calcium) is used:
• To prevent calcium deficiency in people who don't get enough calcium from their diets
• To treat or prevent conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia, rickets), decreased activity of parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism), and a certain muscle diseases (latent tetany)
• In certain conditions/states where enough calcium supply is necessary like pregnancy, lactation, post-menopausal, old age and taking certain medications such as pheytoin, or prednisone
• To fulfill the raised calcium requirement for children and adolescents at times of rapid growth
• In disorders of osteogenesis and tooth formation (in addition to specific treatment)
• To reduce phosphate absorption from gut in patients with hyperphosphataemia, particularly in renal failure as well as those on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and haemodialysis
• To reduce premenstrual symptoms of fluid retention, pain and negative effect
• For short term relief of dyspeptic symptoms
Dosage and administration:
Apocal-D is better to take with or following meals to enhance absorption with a large glass of water.Calcium supplements requirement varies with age and relatively greater in childhood,pregnancy, and lactation, due to an increased demand; in old age, due to impaired absorption;and in deficiency states like, in osteoporosis. Maximum level of Calcium is 2.5 g/day.
To prevent Calcium deficiency:
Adults: 500 mg (1 APOCAL-500 tablet ) 1-2 times daily.
To prevent osteoporosis/Adjunct to osteoporosis therapy: 1000 mg to 1500 mg/day (1 APOCAL-500 tablet 1-3 times daily).
As phosphate binder in hyperphosphataemia: Dose required by the individual patient depending on serum calcium and phosphate level. Usually dose of Calcium Carbonate is 2.5 g daily titrated to a maximum of 17 g daily